Check out the DK Fitness Low Fat High Protein Lasagna
Liz shows us how to get your Italian pasta fix without derailing your fitness goals!
Check out DK Fitness for custom nutrition programs and coaching
2lbs 96/4 lean beef
26oz jar of Pasta Sauce (use a lower fat sauce-1 gram of fat: barilla tomato and basil)
1 jar of 8oz tomato sauce
15oz low/fat free ricotta cheese
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
2 egg whites
4 cups of low-fat mozzarella
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
9 pieces’ oven ready lasagna noodles
1. Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
2. In a large pan over medium-high heat, brown meat; drain.
3. Add cooked meat with pasta sauce and tomato sauce to a large bowl and mix.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, Basil, eggs, and oregano.
5. Pour about 1 cup meat sauce on bottom of 11×7 inch baking dish.
6. Arrange 3 cooked pasta pieces lengthwise over sauce; cover with 1 cup meat sauce.
7. Spread ¼ of cheese filling over meat sauce followed by another cup of meat sauce.
7. Then, ½ cup of mozzarella.
8. Repeat layers of pasta, sauce, cheese filling, and mozzarella 2 more times.
9. Top with layer of pasta and remaining sauce; sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan. Cover with foil.
10. Bake 30 minutes.
11. Remove foil; bake additional 10-15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.